Character & Leadership Development
Helping youth become responsible, caring citizens and acquire skills for participating in the democratic process is the goal of these programs. They also develop leadership skills and provide opportunities for planning, decision-making, contributing to Club and community, and celebrating our national heritage.
- Torch Club: This is a chartered, small-group leadership and service club
for boys and girls ages 11 to 13.
- Keystone Club: Keystoning is the Boys & Girls Club Movement’s ultimate teen program.
This unique experience provides leadership development and service opportunities for
young people age 14 to 18.
Education & Career Development
Our aim is to ensure that all Club members graduate from high school on time, ready for a post-secondary education and a 21st-century career.
- Power Hour: Club professionals provide the strategies, activities, resources and information necessary to create an engaging homework help and tutoring program that encourages Club members to become self-directed learners.
- Money Matters: Promotes financial responsibility and independence. Participants learn how to manage a checking account, create a budget, save and invest, start small businesses, and pay for college.
- Skill Tech: This engaging, hands-on program teaches technical skills and internet safety to members of all ages.
- Career Launch: Club members are encouraged to assess their skills and interests, explore careers, and make sound educational decisions.
Health & Life Skills
These programs help develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors, set personal goals, and grow into self-sufficient adults.
- Healthy Habits: Emphasizes the importance of good nutrition, regular physical activity and improving overall well-being.
- SMART Girls: This program is designed to encourage healthy attitudes and lifestyles that will enable early adolescent girls to develop to their full potential.
- Passport to Manhood: Promotes good decision-making and teaches responsibility in Club boys ages 11 to 14.
Arts programs encourage creative expression through drawing, painting, and mixed media.
- Arts & Crafts: Daily arts & crafts activities are planned for all ages. These activities vary by season and are led by an Art Education student from Siena Heights University.
- Dance, Drama, and Needlecrafts: Offered at various times throughout the year, these programs engage volunteers from the local community to teach new skills. Volunteers share imaginative and innovative curriculum with members in small groups.
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
These Club programs help develop fitness, a positive use of leisure time, reduction of stress, appreciation for the environment and social and interpersonal skills.
- Triple Play: a comprehensive health and wellness program, developed in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Triple Play strives to improve the overall health of Club members by increasing their daily physical activity, teaching them good nutrition and helping them develop healthy relationships.
- Intramurals & Tournaments: held throughout the year, these programs give members the opportunity for healthy competition, while teaching good sportsmanship skills and emphasizing having FUN.
The Triple Play Program is a
funded program of Lenawee Cares.